A Concise Companion to Contemporary British Fiction
A Concise Companion to Contemporary British Fiction offers an authoritative overview of contemporary British fiction in its social, political, and economic contexts.
- Focuses on the fiction that has emerged since the late 1970s, roughly since the start of the Thatcher era.
- Comprises original essays from major scholars.
- Topics range from the rise and fall of the postcolonial novel to controversies over the celebrity author.
- The emphasis is on the whole fiction scene, from bookstores and prizes to the changing economics of film adaptation.
- Enables students to read contemporary works of British fiction with a much clearer sense of where they fit within British cultural life.