Penn-in-London Outings, Spring 2009
- 18 January (Sunday): Visit to the Saatchi Gallery in Chelsea, to view the current exhibition, The Revolution Continues: New Chinese Art. We’ll meet just outside the Sloane Square tube stop at 1pm and walk over to the galleries. Allow about two hours to tour the Gallery.
- 21 January (Wednesday): Trip to Ronnie Scott’s Jazz Club in Soho, a London institution. Tonight’s performance is a double bill featuring jazz singer Deborah Brown and the Ronnie Scott’s All Stars playing a tribute to the best of Blue Note Records as the second set. Meet outside the venue at 47 Frith Street at 7pm.
- 1 February (Sunday): Dinner at Peter and Terry’s flat in Madia Vale. More information to follow.
- 5 February (Thursday): Visit to Babylon: Myth at Reality at the British Museum (Holborn or Tottenham Court Road Tube). Meet at the entrance to the museum. The exhibit will also provide an opportunity to see the historic old British Library reading room, now the museum’s venue for special exhibitions. This will be an evening visit (after 6:00 pm), but a specific time will be determined once we have a head count and book the tickets.
More details to come about the following dates and trips in March:
- 1 March (Sunday): Hampton Court Palace
- 8 March (Sunday): Freud House Museum, Hampstead Heath and Highgate Cemetery
- 21-22 March (Saturday-Sunday): Overnight trip to Bath
We’ll also be arranging a few more trips in April, after classes have finished.