The Restoration to Victorian ("Res-Vic") Studies Reading Group at the University of Pennsylvania brings together graduate students and faculty from various disciplines to discuss writing and cultural production in the period from the Restoration through the Victorian era. The group provides a space to explore different theoretical and methodological approaches to Anglophone literature produced in England, Scotland, Ireland, and in the Caribbean, North America, and other outposts of the British empire. Group activities include invited scholarly lectures from scholars worldwide and discussions of literary and critical texts. The group also provides a forum for scholars within the Penn community and beyond to present new work ("works-in-progress"), as well as hosts workshops focused on the state of the field and professionalization.
Related Groups at UPenn
• American Literature Seminar, (English Department)
• Atlantic Studies Seminar
• McNeil Center for Early American Studies
• The Medieval and Renaissance Discussion Group (English Department)
• ASECS: American Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies)
• ECASECS: East-Central American Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies
• MLA: Modern Language Association
• NASSR: North American Society for the Study of Romanticism
• NEASECS: Northeast American Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies
• Eighteenth-Century Resources, maintained by Jack Lynch: An extensive and various collection of links on all things 18th, including a comprehensive catalogue of Eighteenth-Century E-Texts--thank you Jack!
• Voice of the Shuttle Romantics Page, maintained by Alan Liu: An extensive collection of links to Romantic period e-text archives, author pages, organizations, and listsevs. Also helpful are the Restoration & 18th century and History of the Book pages.
Anna Kornbluh, "Realism Redux: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and the symbolic logic of social space"April 23, 2018 - 5:30pm to 7:00pm
Michael Gamer (UPenn), WIP: "Hippodrama" and "Introduction" to the forthcoming Broadview Anthology of Romantic-Period Drama.December 5, 2002 - 5:00pm to 6:00pm
November 21, 2002 - 5:00pm to 6:00pm
November 7, 2002 - 5:00pm to 6:00pm
October 24, 2002 - 5:00pm to 6:00pm
October 10, 2002 - 5:00pm to 6:00pm
September 26, 2002 - 5:00pm to 6:00pm