Graduate Student Travel Fund Policy
New Travel & Entertainment Policy effective 05/01/2009: http://www.finance.upenn.edu/comptroller/travel/
Please note: reimbursements from the funds listed below will count toward the fiscal year in which you submit the receipts for the trip in question. For example, if you take a trip at the end of fiscal year 2011 but submit receipts in FY 2012, that trip will count as your disbursement from the relevant fund for fiscal year 2012. The fiscal year begins July 1 and ends June 30. Fiscal years bear the number of the calendar year in which they end (e.g., FY 2012 runs from July 1, 2011 thru June 30, 2012)
Effective 7/1/08 all travel reimbursements must be submitted within 182 days (6 months) of the ending date of a trip or event. Failure to do so will result in the expense being declined for reimbursement. We encourage you to submit your requests within 10 days of the ending date of the trip or event.
SASgov and Other Individual Sources of Funding
All applications should be submitted at least 15 working days in advance of the event/ travel date(s).
SASgov Travel Grant
This grant is designed to support a wide range of academic and professional travel. Eligible travel includes:
- Presentation or attendance at academic conferences
- Participation in professional development workshops
- Travel for academic job interviews, either at conferences or institutions, if not provided for by the potential employer
Applications are reviewed by the Finance and Public Affairs committees on a rolling basis at our twice-monthly General Body meetings. To ensure prompt review of your application, please be sure to submit the form as well as your itemized budget by the Sunday prior to the Tuesday GB meeting at which you'd like your application read.
GAPSA Research Student Travel Fund
Students may request up to $500 or half of their total travel expense, whichever is less.
Check out their website for deadline information.
SAS Travel Subvention Request Fund
The travel grants awarded by the Graduate Dean covers up to $500 in expenses. Funds may be used to cover any eligible travel expenses consistent with University policy.
- Each student may apply for funding only once each year.
- No student will receive more than $500.
- Please plan accordingly, as the SAS Travel Subvention Form must be submitted to Dorothy Dullea over at SAS BEFORE the trip.
- Your dissertation advisor or sponsoring faculty member must sign the application form. After you receive approval from your faculty advisor, please submit the form to Elizabeth Lunger. She will get approval from the Graduate Chair.
- After the trip, students must submit all itemized receipts via the Concur system.
SAS Travel Subvention Form
English Department Library Research Travel Fund
See here: http://www.english.upenn.edu/graduate/funding/travel/travel-library-research
Curran Fund for Graduate Travel
See here: http://www.english.upenn.edu/graduate/funding/travel/stuart-curran-fund
Dalglish Chew Graduate Research Fund
See here: http://www.english.upenn.edu/graduate/funding/travel/dalglish-chew-graduate-research-fund