- Tuesday, March 12, 2019 - 12:00pm
2019 ESSAY PRIZES:
College Alumni Society Henry Reed Prize, for the best essay written by an undergraduate on the literature of the English Renaissance.
Dosoretz Family Prize, for the best essay written by a graduating senior English major.
Nancy Rafetto Leach Sweeten Prize, for the best undergraduate essay on American literature.
Phillip E. Goldfein Class of 1934 Shakespeare Prize, for the best undergraduate essay on Shakespeare.
The deadline for submissions is NOON, TUESDAY, MARCH 12th.
The Annual Student Essay Prize requirements are the following:
1. Only one entry per student per prize. If you enter two contests, you must submit one essay for each contest.
2. Please do not submit the same essay for more than one prize.
3. Essays from Spring 2019, Fall 2018, Spring 2018, and Fall 2017 are eligible.
4. Submit two printed copies of each essay to the Department of English at Fisher-Bennett Hall Suite 127 room 130. There are no minimum or maximum lengths.
We can now accept on-line submissions; please submit your entry below. If you are applying for more then one contest, you need to submit to this link one time per entry.
For more information regarding the listed awards, contact Loretta M. Williams in the English Department at: email@example.com.
For more information on undergraduate awards and prizes, visit www.english.upenn.edu/undergraduate/prizes.